Fear.
Have you ever wondered what it's like to enter the mind of someone with anxiety? I, like many others, have suffered from anxiety since I was about 10 years old. I've seen child psychologists, therapists, psychologists, taken medication - you name it, I've tried it.
What I found that really worked for me was running, and since having to take a VERY LONG pause from that, I've been struggling a lot.
Since my cancer diagnosis, nearly a year ago now (whoa), my anxiety has tripled. I can't concentrate, think, or even breathe at times. The fear of leaving this earth prematurely literally eats at me every single moment of every day. The fear of not seeing Benjamin grow up, shakes me.
I might be working quietly at my desk, but my brain races on. You may be talking to me, but sometimes I can't hear what you say. Obsessive thoughts control my every day.
I get so angry sometimes. Like, the one thing I wanted in life (a baby), and someone is trying to take that from me! Why? I feel so jaded sometimes.
I want people to understand that when you tell me just to move on, I can't. When you tell me to live life in the now, I'M TRYING. So hard. When you tell me that some symptom I may exaggerate isn't cancer, know that I can't believe you. Because that one time, it WAS CANCER. To be honest, I'm super annoyed that I might have a short life, and I'm just so scared.
So to my friends that I don't contact much, please know I'm not doing it on purpose. Some days I just can't do anything but look at my baby boy and live in those moments forever, just in case I don't get that many moments like that. I'm sorry if I seem withdrawn during our conversations. I'm sorry if it seems like I've changed. I'm trying to find that girl again, I swear. I think she's somewhere inside me.
Please be patient with me while I try and find her.
You have changed,as you should, after going through a life altering ordeal. Your feelings are yours, and are valid. They shouldn't be dismissed. Keep sharing as many thoughts and feelings as you feel comfortable with. Blessings and hugs to you.
ReplyDeletePaige, love this post. Can totally relate to it. Thanks for sharing. It's always good to know we are not alone.
ReplyDelete