My Favorite *AND LEAST FAVORITE* Month
October is my favorite month. Or at least it was, until I got diagnosed with Breast Cancer nearly 3 years ago.
Suddenly, the ENTIRE month became all about pink, all about awareness, fundraising, etc. While I want you all to know how appreciative I am of the support - I must also remind you this month is a tough one for me.
Reminders are everywhere: TV, billboards, bumper stickers, shirts, ribbons, social media posts, walks, and the list goes on. What some people don't realize, is that I live with the horrible scars physically and emotionally that serve as an cruel reminder everyday- not just in October.
So please forgive me, when I once again, take a social media break for the entirety of October. I've decided to distance myself and fully enjoy every second of my favorite month with my family. I want to see my son smile when he picks out a pumpkin, jump in the leaves and watch the season change. I want to take a walk with the dog and unplug to fully enjoy the colors, smells and wonders around me.
I want to spend quality time with my Husband and remind him of how appreciative I am of everything he does for our family today and everyday.
PLEASE know I will continue to raise awareness for this terrible disease and I will keep telling my story for as long as I live. Thank you. in advance, for letting me enjoy my October <3.
Comments
Post a Comment