I Want to Forget.




In the last six months, I’ve been able to take a few steps back and concentrate on getting back to normal life. Unfortunately, Cancer always seems to rear its ugly head.

I want so badly to forget about it completely, but something always brings me back. Why can’t I move on? Why can’t I just quit worrying?

I guess that’s not how Cancer works. It pops up when you least expect it. You can be feeling perfectly and BAM, a pain you haven’t felt lingers a little too long. You wait for it to pass, but what happens if you wait too long? Do you go to the doctor right away or wait to see if it subsides? Maybe it’s nothing, but it could be something. If I wait too long, I will die.

It’s on Facebook, when someone you know gets diagnosed way too young. Frankly, it’s all over my social media- so much so, that I actually gave up my original Instagram.

One of my favorite oncology nurses asked me recently to be a part of a cancer support group for young people. She said she thought I’d be great. As honored as I was, I haven’t been able to bring myself to do it. I can’t support myself with this yet. I feel unstable, and when I hear of yet another young person being diagnosed it literally breaks my heart and takes my breath away. It sends me into a long downward spiral... climbing back up each time is just too hard.

Been thinking lately that I should maybe just delete Facebook. Get rid of social media altogether. But that seems unfair to all those who have supported and encouraged me in this journey. I love sharing things, especially my son, with all of you. Sometimes it’s nice to write these blogs and just put them out into the universe... I’m not really concerned with how many people actually read it.

If you are reading this and can relate- please don’t hesitate to reach out. Cancer or not, I’m a pretty good listener. Whatever you may be going through, I can understand how hard it may be to “get over it.” I don’t think I ever will.

I try so hard. I really want to forget. For those that have to deal with my anxiety on a daily basis... I wish I could say I have changed, but I haven’t. I’m still just as scared as the day my doctor told me I had cancer.

For those of you struggling specifically with a Cancer diagnosis, man, I’m so sorry. I wish it didn’t exist. I wish you could forget.

Xo Paige

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite *AND LEAST FAVORITE* Month

War is Exhausting.

A Dismal Diagnosis Amidst My Greatest Joy