Please, Let's Not Talk About Cancer.
A few simple requests from the girl who's not JUST a cancer survivor:
I've been going through how to phrase this in my head over and over. Unfortunately, there's not really a nice way to say it. Being rude is absolutely not my intent, so please don't get the wrong idea.
I don't want to talk about cancer anymore.
I don't want to hear about a magic cancer fighter pill or the fact that I need to eat more vegetables to keep my cancer at bay. I know I need to eat healthier, but who doesn't, am I right? :).
I love that you watched "What the Health" on Netflix, but please, I don't need to hear that eating dairy is going to kill me. If eating cheese is wrong, then I don't want to be right!
Can we talk about our jobs, our animals, our cute babies?
Maybe it's my time in this journey that I've just had enough. I don't want to see cancer ads pop up on my Facebook. I don't want to read articles on what I can do to prevent cancer. Everything gives you cancer nowadays, so I just want to live. I want to forget for awhile.
In time, I think I'll be ready to talk about it again. To share my journey with the world. But for now, please, just be my friend. Friends who haven't been affected by devastating disease.
I'm sorry if this offends, again, that is not my intent. Right now I just want to focus on being a new mom, a kind of new wife, and enjoy the simple things in life. Please let that be enough for now.
Thank you.
Comments
Post a Comment