Joining Life Again
I'm not going to lie, adjusting to life after cancer isn't easy. For those months my world stopped. It's hard to realize the world around you just kept moving...
And now I'm left here, only a little bit broken. I'm back at my job with the people I love - a welcome distraction from the demons I battle in my head on a daily basis.
Cancer sure is a nasty bitch.
I still have panic attacks daily. I have obsessive thoughts. Like a wise friend of mine said to me, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. That's not living, is it?
I have thoughts like this. If I die, I have to make videos for Ben. Let him know how much I loved him. Let him know I'll always be with him. I don't want to leave him ever, but if I have to, he will know how much he meant to me.
I told my husband today that he needs to make sure my family is still a part of Ben's life. I made him promise to call them, send pictures, go to Iowa to see them, and invite them for holidays.
HOW MESSED UP IS THAT?!? Alas, these are my thoughts. I'm trying to fight it, but right now it's my reality.
Everyday I feel a little better; stronger. I think these thoughts will be less as time goes on. I think everyone just wants to be remembered. I sure do. I want my life to have purpose. So for now, I have to remember to LIVE IT.
As always, I'm grateful to all who read my crazy ramblings. Love to you all.
Dude. It's not messed up. It's REAL. You went through a very traumatic time as a young mother. You were expecting to be pregnant, have a baby, enjoy new motherhood and reveal in it all. Instead you had to think of your mortality, lose your hair, feel like shit. That's all very real. So. You process it all. Keep working through it. Don't shame yourself because sometimes you want to plan for the unthinkable. You're not being morbid-this is your reality. Paige-you are doing a GOOD JOB. Keep at it. I'm in your corner. 💖 Nurse Kristin
ReplyDelete