What Cancer Taught Me
Like a lot of you, I had a busy life before cancer. I worked full time, worked out, made time for friends, and hung out with my husband. I played on Facebook and Instagram A TON - and I thought a cold was the end of the world.
Fact: THE ONLY THINGS THAT MATTER IN THIS LIFE ARE THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND WONDERFUL SOULS THAT MAKE LIFE WORTH LIVING.
Not money. Not your job. Not your car. Not your beautiful clothes. Not Facebook. Not Instagram. So please, put your phones down and live in the moment.
A day may come and be your very last... do you want that time wasted in front of a screen instead of looking into the eyes of the ones you love?
Cancer has taught me that everyday is precious. I wake up every morning fighting to stay alive for my son, my husband, my mom, my sisters, my friends and family. I found myself always glued to my phone, checking my notifications - but now, I have to make sure to use my time wisely.
I promise you that winter cold you've got will go away, but in the meantime - snuggle by the fire with your spouse, your kids, your dog - whomever you love. Live life a little slower today. Be grateful beyond measure.
When I leave this earth (not anytime soon), I want to make sure I've made as many beautiful memories as possible. Don't be like me; don't wait until you've got cancer to realize this.
Comments
Post a Comment