Thankful
I know so far in this blog I've kept the focus on my cancer. I'd like to switch gears today. This entry is going to be all about my little life saver; my baby boy.
Benny is the most wonderful baby. Despite keeping his father and I up a little at night, he brings us so much joy- most days I just can't believe that he's mine.
This smiley guy is my little champion. He has now more than doubled his birth weight, and he's learning new things everyday! He can roll over (he started this at less than a month old if you can believe it) from tummy to back, and he absolutely loves bath time. My favorite part about his development so far is that he's now able to focus on my face - he definitely knows who his Mommy is. Daddy loves this too 😊.
Ben is definitely happiest in the morning, and at his crankiest around 4:30-5 in the afternoon. We had about 3 weeks where around 4:30 he would get super upset for no reason, and scream for an hour. I'm told this is the "witching hour," and most babies go through this phase. Luckily, I think we are past it now!
I'm so lucky to be a Mom, more specifically, Benny's mom. Not only is he the reason I get to continue living, but he is the reason I forget that I've got cancer. Most days, I'm just a busy mom- the best job ever. Thank you, Ben, for giving me light.
On an unrelated note, I want to wish everyone a very blessed holiday season! Enjoy every minute- always.
Comments
Post a Comment